Monday, January 9, 2017

The Striving | Day 1: A Small Start

Do you remember my resolutions? The ones I talked about before? Today was my first day of implementing them. My daily goals, at least. Maybe not the ones I've published.

Well, so far, I've done well, I think. To start off, I reorganized my closet and book space. It took a long time. After that, I prepared for work and left. When I returned, I ate supper, and finished 'If We Survive.' So I only have one book left to go before I've completed my 'Read two books a week' goal.

Management is just about as boring, if not more boring, than Marketing.

Finished reading:
'If We Survive' by Andrew Klavan

Currently reading:
'Night' by Elie Wiesel (I've hardly started this book, and it's already brimming with emotion.)
The Principles of Management (CLEP study guide)

And even though I haven't done a lot, it feels like I have. A small victory has been won today. Tomorrow, I hope to say the same.


--Reeths

4 comments:

  1. I know it's super obvious, but it can also be too easy to forget that small victories add up to make large victories.
    I've been noticing how when I finally get something worthwhile done, I typically need a week or so to cool down before I can do another 'big' thing.
    What's that first book about? I've heard of Andrew Klavan before, but I don't think I've read any of his books.
    Just keep swimming.
    -Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true. Small steps.

      He's a screenwriter, and has written a few scripts that have been picked up by big names like Clint Eastwood and Michael Douglas. He also writes thrillers. This is actually the first book of his I've read.

      It's about a group of people on a mission (mostly kids) to South America who get caught up in the middle of a revolution, and their efforts to escape death.

      Delete
    2. Oh. I know where I knew his name--there's a book of his called The Last Thing I Remember that my older brother told me I should read. I haven't read it yet...

      Delete
    3. Yeah I know that one! I haven't read it yet, either.

      Delete