Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The Striving | Day 2: A Snag

Day Two. It's the day that always catches up and bludgeons me from behind. And I'm not gonna say that it's not easy—that's a fact. But it ain't a surprise, either. This always happens. You get a good start, it's feeling good; day two rolls around and you're plummeting to your rocky death.

It's a familiar day, this day. A familiar place, this place. And a thousand times when came the day, I've failed. So yes, it's hard. It's harder than you can imagine. After all, the easiest thing to do is give up. Like I said, done a thousand times before.

Is there anything different about this time? No.

Except maybe me.

We all want to believe that we can change for the better. You want to believe it. I want to believe it. Never found a way to do that, though. Maybe tomorrow. They say tomorrow will be a better day.

--Reeths

6 comments:

  1. Reeths, you are a writer. I guess you knew that already. You're a GOOD writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The comments you guys leave are absolutely great.

      Delete
  2. Tomorrow is what you make of it
    Analysis is exhausting. Know what you need to do and do it. It's so easy to over-complicate things. I hope what I just said made any sort of sense...
    -Jack
    P.S. It's been three days! How are things going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it made a bit of sense. I'll do my best. Thanks for the advice!

      Oops. I did write the blog posts for those days, but for some reason didn't publish them. I'll publish them shortly. Today, at least. Today is a rush of different things, though.

      Delete
    2. Hah. Alright. Looking forward to those posts!

      Delete