Sunday, January 8, 2017

2017 Is Another Year | Resolutions

2017 is another year

And soon, someday,

I'll be right back here.

When my previous goals

Disappear.


Resolutions.

Resolutions are a thing

Throughout the years

Has never changed.


But I hope, no, strive

To be a man who

One day finds

That he can rise

From the ashes

Of depth and bitter

Despair

To find that he

Is no longer there.


The goals I have are many

And challenges do quite abound.

But I believe I can face them

With the new strength I have found.

~~~

I haven't been too good about goals in years past, but I'm striving to get these ones done. A few of them I'll list here.

One-time Goals:
- Take Management CLEP test on January 26th
- Take English Composition CLEP in February
- Draft up teamwork speech
- Finish Addition draft by end of February

Recurring/Weekly Goals:
- Read 3 chapters of Management
- Finish 2 books a week
- Write (and publish) 1 blog post a week
- Watch 10 videos on cybersecurity/CyberPatriot

Goals are always a hard thing for me to make. Because I don't know how to get them done. I'm a procrastinator. Procrastinators don't do anything. They let things happen. And that's who I've been for a while. So it's really hard to break something that's been built up for a long time.

So it sounds like a lie, but I'm sure gonna try.

--Reeths

2 comments:

  1. Good post!
    This reminds me of how good it is to set goals... and actually accomplish them.
    I really look forward to reading Addition. Hurry up!
    -Jack

    ReplyDelete